The Training Fund has a history of offering specialized training in response to critical industry needs or recent events. For example, after the events of 9/11, the Fund offered Safe & Secure training for over 5,000 building services workers across NYC. This commitment continues with Disaster Preparedness Training offered in response to Hurricane Sandy, and Elder Abuse Awareness training in response to a greater understanding of the prevalence of this problem and the increase of the over 60 population. By offering short courses onsite during working hours, employers can ensure the appropriate workers attend.
The following courses and quick courses are only available upon employer referral:
- Elder Abuse (1 hour)
- Disaster Preparedness (3 hours)
- Cleaning: Basic Skills for Cleaners (10 hours)
- Green Buildings: Commercial Green Cleaning for Health Efficiency (10 hours)
- Professionalism in the Workplace (6 hours)
REGULAR COURSES THAT CAN ALSO BE DELIVERED ONSITE
If you, a management company, or building owner have 10 or more eligible participants interested in attending a class and have appropriate space, the 32BJ Training Fund can present classes at your building. The following is a list of courses available on-site:
- Cleaning Basic Skills for Cleaners
- English as a Second Language I, II, and III
- Green Buildings: Commercial Green Cleaning for Health Efficiency
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Outreach Training
- OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Outreach Training
- Professionalism in the Workplace
Call 212-388-2124 for more details.